Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cucumber!

The little one and I were out at a friends. She bought me a Subway sandwich loaded with veggies. I shared a cucumber with Simon to see how that went over. He loved it! It was a thin round slice, not ideal for a newbie eater. I was nervous, so I just let him suck on it while I held it. (I am working on trusting him, it will come as we practice more). Now the plan is to buy a whole cucumber so I can cut it into wedges for him to go to town.
Got home too late for dinner for me. I had some extra breast milk expressed, so I gave him about 2 Tbsp of baby rice mixed with BM on a preloaded spoon. We are using the organic Earth's Best whole grain rice cereal. He took about 2 licks and then had a blast spreading the rest around his tray. Happy, messy baby.
I got my Gil Rapley baby led weaning cookbook, so now I need to plan our meals for the week.

1 comment:

  1. My son Robbie had cucumber for the first time today :) it's sooo funny watching their lil faces when they experience a new taste <3 I cut into wedges and he seemed to manage by himself quite well :) xx

    ReplyDelete