Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sweet potato and zucchini

Sweet potato is probably the biggest hit so far. I nuked it in the microwave and mashed it up with a fork. Simon and I shared one and there was still some left to freeze. I think it was sweet potato anyway, it was yellow and very sweet. His method was to rub his hands into the pile of potato and then lick his fingers and thumb. The thumb seems to be the most effective food transporter right now.
I also cut a zucchini into wedges with a crinkle cutter and he chowed down on that. I was iffy as to whether or not I should leave the skin on. I did, but was nervous about it. Next time I will skin the top portion and leave some on the bottom to help him grip it. I steamed the zucchini in the microwave for about 45 sec. Enough to soften it, but not make it mushy. He got a piece of by gumming it and gagged. That is the scariest thing. We took off the high chair tray just in case he was choking and went to pick him up. By then he had swallowed the little chunk.

At his 6 month visit today, the doc briefly brought up food. He asked if we were giving him meals twice per day. We aren't yet. He isn't interested enough to justify it. We did decide we will add in breakfast next. I think that will be soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment